Design-build is a type of construction contract in which the entire construction team works under a single General Contractor to see a project through its entire lifecycle from pre-construction (design) all the way through the construction (build) process. This type of construction simplifies the process for clients and allows them to focus on their business.
In a typical commercial build project, you will need to hire an architect, engineers, designers, up to 40 different subs and trades and a construction manager. Not to mention, you will need to be present and responsible for making hundreds of critical decisions weekly.
With Contractors Direct’s Design-Build contract, a single General Contractor oversees all of the acquisitions and supervision of the entire process for you.
Contractor’s Direct has extensive experience as a design-build contractor successfully planning, designing, engineering and constructing many projects in the area. Our knowledge and expertise ensures that your project will be delivered on time and on budget with a minimal number of obstacles.
Benefits of Design-Build
- Master contract is between the owner and General Contractor
- General Contractor is the single point of responsibility
- Owner has a single point of contact for both design and construction
- Design-Build has been proven to be quicker overall than other build options
- Long lead items can be identified and ordered prior to the start of construction
- Value engineering and construct-ability reviews are enhanced due to the integration of the design and construction process
- Changes, disputes, claims and other delays occur less frequently
- The General Contractor is responsible for the completion of construction documents & Permits
- Inconsistencies or scope gaps are the responsibility of the General Contractor